Diary of a happy black woman

Monday, March 27, 2006

A DOGGONE SHAME!
So many times God shows me new things and gives me little lessons in life by the normal everyday things that go on around me. I look for these lessons each day and I believe God speaks to me so often because I am open and ready to hear his voice.
Yesterday I went to the walking trail in my neighborhood. (Pray for me ya'll because I am trying to get more exercise).
I was going around the trail for the fifth time so I was totally pooped out (stop laughing) when I heard this horrible growling and panting coming from behind me. The paw steps were getting closer and closer. I was getting a little nervous because I've seen several people in the neighborhood who are supposed to be walking their Pit Bulls but in reality their Pit Bulls are walking them....pulling them.....YANKING THEM and are about ready to let loose. I know animals can usually sense when you are nervous and afraid so I tried to take a few deep breaths and remain calm. Then I started praying in the spirit as I walked as far over to the side of the trail as I could go so that this ferocious animal and it's owner could go past me. This was about all I could do. There was no way that I could run to get away even if I wanted to after doing 5 times around the trail. I was thinking to myself that I should have taken a stick or baton or something with me. There have been so many cases in the news lately with Pit Bulls chewing people up. One woman who was killed here in Houston was a nurse waiting on her bus to pick her up for work. Anyway, as the dog and it's owner passed me, I about nearly fell out. I was laughing sooooo hard that the laughing could have very well been all the exercise I needed for the day. I COULD NOT BELIEVE the ferocious sounding animal I heard was a Chihuahua. Now let me tell you the lesson God showed me. There are some things that I have been standing in faith about. It seems as though the enemy (Satan) has been ferociously on my trail. I could make the choice to either faint with fear or remain calm and stand in faith knowing that God has my back. God can see what is stalking, growling and panting....but I can't. If I choose to continue to walk by faith i will eventually see that all of that growling is just a scare tactic by a little tiny enemy trying to sound like he is BIG STUFF.
Now let me tell you why the Chihuahua sounded that way. The owner of the CHI was running the heck out of that dog. His poor little legs were like tiny Vienna Sausages and he was making all of those crazy noises trying to keep up the pace. I felt sorry for the little CHI so I tried to slow the owner's pace down by making a comment. I blurted out "Whoo that is a mighty BIG DOG...what is his name? The man replied "Husband". That name just tickled me of course. It was his wife's dog and he was none to happy about walking it. I think he was jealous of it. The man enjoyed doing all of his manly man things instead of spending time with his wife so she bought herself a little "HUSBAND". She completely spoiled Husband, doted on Husband, snuggled with Husband and gave Husband special treats. As I heard it, Husband was number 1 and the true love of her life. I told that man that he could be the number 1 true love of her life if he would sow more seeds into his marriage than into what he wanted to do. I told him that what she really wanted was the husband she married but since he was unavailable, she had to settle for a furry Husband. This conversation took not more than 2 minutes but I believe that this man REALLY HEARD what I was trying to say. It was only by the grace of God that I said it at all because I was out of breath and had to press my way to my car to drive home. I may never see this man or HUSBAND again but I am praying that those few short minutes will make a lifetime of change in his household. God knows the plans he has for us and I believe that I was in the right place at the right time to give a word that would bring about change. The man learned a lesson but then again so did I. Let's not take the people in our lives that we love for granted. Let's not take God for granted by ignoring him or spending little time with him either....because if we do IT'S A DOGGONE SHAME!

1 Comments:

At 3:41 AM, Blogger Sangindiva said...

AWWW!!
What a wonderful post!!!
I just got ministered to-
in Trinidad, online, from my big sister!!!
Now AIN'T GOD GOOD!!
I needed to hear this lesson!
Thanks Sweeeeeeetie!
hahaha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home