Diary of a happy black woman

Monday, April 03, 2006

So Special
Today a dear friend of mine stopped by my daycare on her lunchbreak from work. She was carrying a little gift bag.....IT WAS FOR ME!
Today is not my birthday. Today is not my anniversary. Today is not Christmas but yet I was receiving a gift. I looked inside the bag and there was a beautiful gift box. I opened the gift box and inside it held a precious necklace. The necklace had a charm on it. The charm was a little tiny box that had a latch that could actually be opened. It was a prayer box. There was a note that came with the necklace saying to write down your prayer concerns and fold them up and put them in the box. As I wear the necklace, I will be reminded that God always hears my prayers.....and that he answers them. I was so touched by this gift. Not just because of the beauty of the gift (although it is very pretty)....not just because of the meaning of gift (the prayer)....not just because of the sentimentality of the gift (the person who gave it to me has been a true blessing in my life) but because it was sooooo special to be thought of for no reason at all. My friend went out of her way on her lunchbreak and wasted her gas (and gas ain't cheap) to bring me an unexpected treat. You can't imagine how SPECIAL I felt at that moment.
Should we be shocked when someone does something nice for us... JUST BECAUSE.....with absolutely no ulterior motive? Is it difficult to think that someone would go out of their way for us when there is no special occasion?
It shouldn't be!!!! We must always remember how much Jesus loves each and every one of us. He went out of his way just for us. We did absolutely nothing to deserve his special gift of SALVATION yet he wore a crown of thorns, was beaten and took the stripes for our healing, was crucified....bled, died and then snatched the keys of death just so we could have everlasting life. He had no ulterior motive. He was motivated by love. He was just thinking of us. We were on his mind and he wanted to take the time to let us know how much we meant to him.
There should never be a day when we ALLOW ourselves to feel depressed, hopeless or lonely. Yes, things in life happen that are depressing. Yes there are times when people let you down...and you let yourself down. But if you would just take a second to remind yourself that you are SOOO SPECIAL that Jesus gave up his life so that you could have yours and that even now he is thinking of you and cares for you, you will live an abundant life. Things that used to seem like a big deal will be a little deal because you know that you are SOOOO SPECIAL. People who used to irritate you will end up on your prayer list instead of getting %#&*^% cussed out because you know that you are SOOO SPECIAL. Bills that used to keep you awake at night with worry will be given over to God because as you tithe, you know God has your back because you are SOOO SPECIAL. Any sickness or disease that has tried to invade your body has got to line up with God's word that says you have already been healed because you are SOOOO SPECIAL.
And what did you do to be SOOOO SPECIAL? NOTHING! You just are because JESUS LOVES YOU!
If you are reading this and you don't know how special you are...or if you have never accepted Jesus into your life...or if you have just drifted far away from him, then make today the day that you know for sure how special you are.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
If you would like to....pray this prayer:
Jesus, thank you for loving me and thinking that I am so special. I know that I am a sinner but I ask you to forgive me. I believe with all of my heart that you shed your blood, died for my sins and now live again. You loved me so much that you died so that I could live. I accept you and I accept and recieve your unconditional love. I thank you for saving me and I receive eternal life. In Jesus Name
If you already know Jesus as Savior but have drifted away from him, you may want to pray this prayer:
Jesus, thank you for thinking I am so special. You have never turned away from me even though I have turned away from you. Please forgive me for walking away from your special love. I rededicate myself to you. I give my life back to you and I choose to live in such a way that you can see that I know how special I am to you. In Jesus Name,
Are you feeling soooo special now? YOU SHOULD!!! YOU ARE!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home