Diary of a happy black woman

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

PET SUGGESTIONS ANYONE?
First of all I would like to thank those of you who have emailed me recently to remind me that I have started a blog.....and that it would probably be a good idea if I actually wrote something in it. Thank you for encouraging me to do so. This lets me know that you are actually taking the time to read it and that I haven't just been writing it for God to read all by himself.
My schedule is very hectic ( cleaning crayon off of the table, wiping snotty noses (and because this blog is rated "G", I can't tell you what else I have to wipe...but can you say Pampers?), picking cheerios up off of the floor (with milk), scrubbing peanut butter and jelly sandwich smears off of the walls, reading Green Eggs and Ham again for the thousandth time, getting dizzy from too many rings around the rosies (never ring and drive unless you want to get a dui), solving CSI type crimes (Mrs. Kia ...who took my Barbie's head off ....whaaaaa?), being an Ambassador of World Peace (children if you can't play Barbies nicely together, then I will have to remove the barbies from the play area), being a better judge than Judge Maybellene (I'm sorry, but he did have the toy truck first...you will have to play with something else until he is finished), displaying my Chef Institute style culinary arts (okay kiddies...who else wants me to make a jelly happy face on their peanut butter sandwich?), private driver (alright kids, if you want me to pull you in the wagon all the way to the park, you must keep your hands to yourself all the way there).....and the list goes on and on.
Because my job description happens to be a "DO IT ALL ENGINEER", there are times when I will have to skip a few days writing in my blog because I will have more important things to do like lying on my bed with a cool compress on my head as I stare at the ceiling. If you check the blog and you notice that I haven't written in a few days, then please pray for me and check back again soon. Hopefully I will have found the strength to stop staring at the ceiling.
My son wants a pet!!!! I want my son to have a pet. I want my son to be responsible and clean up after HIS pet. I do not want to clean up after my son's pet. Just because my job description is DO IT ALL ENGINEER, doesn't mean that I am really going to DO IT ALL. This being said, I was trying to think of some nice type of starter pet for him. Something that is fairly easy for HIM to care for and as he shows that he is responsible then he can move on up to a PET pet. I was doing some research on different types of Pocket Pets such as Guinea Pigs, Hamsters and Chinchillas. After I finished the research on these Pocket Pets, I began thinking how great it would be for him to have a Goldfish. Yeah, a Goldfish would be great and he hasn't had one since he was really little. Then, I remembered why he hasn't had a Goldfish since he was really little. His pet Goldfish was named Fishy Fish. Fishy Fish died a tragic death. My son had really enjoyed a dinner I cooked one evening and wanted Fishy Fish to share in the festivities. Although Fishy Fish was being raised in a Christian home, he didn't neccesarily want to re-enact the "LAST SUPPER". Needless to say, Fishy Fish had a final meal that consisted of Red Beans and Rice, Cornbread, Salad and Tampico Punch. I hope Fishy Fish enjoyed his final meal. Anyway, I started doing some research on how to care for Fish and Fish Tanks. I somehow stumbled upon a website about Pet Sea Monkeys. Sea Monkeys are sooooo easy to take care of. I should know because I've had several sets of them in my classroom SEVERAL DIFFERENT TIMES!!!!!!!!!!! When they die, it is really not because your not taking good care of them, it is just their time to go (I think).
I decided that Sea Monkeys vs. Goldfish would be even better pets for my son so I started researching Sea Monkeys when I came across this website......www.thefunplace.com/house/pets/seamonkey.html
After I read this little story about sea monkeys (and after I finished laughing my head off about the story) I wasn't so sure if this was the perfect pet. Now I'm kinda thinking along the lines of a PET ROCK. I'm really not trying to tell my true age since I am constantly being mistaken for a young woman in her early twenties....but to those of you who are old enough to actually remember the PET ROCK, you know what I am talking about when I say EASY TO CARE FOR. Pet suggestions anyone?

1 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Sangindiva said...

how about a turtle?
Aaron has one. I always think the thing is dead but he says "NO moooom. he's hibernating" I think it sleeps for like 6 months or something weird like that.
Anyway I wouldn't know if it was dead or not until the smell wafts in!!! hhahahaha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home