Diary of a happy black woman

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Memory Lane (part 2)
Ok, I just had to add one or two more things to the MEMORY LANE. If you haven't read Memory Lane (part 1) then I suggest that you read it first and then come back and read (part 2). I was in Walmart today when I noticed a certain item that I didn't think was made anymore. It tickled me to see it and I decided right then and there that I had to add a few more things to the Memory Lane List. Here goes!
Scents from back in the day:
Girly Scents: Anais Anais, Cachet, Chanel No.5, Lair Du Temps, White Shoulders, BABE, Charlie, Sweet Honesty, Enjoli, Jean Nate', AVON, Jovan Musk, Windsong, and the drumroll please..........Love's Baby Soft....can you think of anymore?
Guy Scents: Royal Copenhagen, Brut, Baron, Aqua Velva, English Leather, British Sterling, and the drumroll please......Old Spice
We may not have smelled all that great before the designer perfumes and colognes made an entrance .....but we thought we did because that was pretty much all we had and all we knew. I was a Love's Baby Soft girl myself and boy oh boy did I think that I smelled like a princess. I would probably hold my nose If i got a whiff of that stuff today.
Cars we loved to hate:
Pinto, Hornet, Gremlin, Fiesta, Pacer
Shampoos we miss:
Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific, Prell, Silkience,
Question: What was the name of the one that was a shampoo and conditioner all in one?
You went up a notch in the world if you went from a:
Black & White TV to a Color TV
A manual turn knob TV to a TV with a remote control
Regular TV to SELECT TV (old cable)
Transistor Radio to a Panasonic Toodaloop Radio
Black Rotary Phone to a Colored Push Button Phone
Home Phone to a Beeper
8 track tape deck to a cassette tape player
Record Player to a CD Player
Radio w/ cassette player to a BOOM-BOX
Hang Ten shirt to a Polo Shirt
What stuff do you remember?

5 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Blogger Raul Mosley said...

Wasn't Pert the shampoo and conditioner in one?

Nice post!!!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger sweetie kia said...

Raul,
You have a good memory! I tried and tried to remember what that shampoo and conditioner mix was. You are correct....it is PERT. Thanks for your comment and feel free to check out my archives. Enjoy

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger The McTelskis said...

My sister had a toodaloop radio, and when I Googled it, your blog came up and nothing else! So what happened to it, why can't I find one? Do you have any ideas?

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger sweetie kia said...

Before I wrote about the toodaloop on my blog, I tried to look it up too and came up with nothing.
I almost started to think that I had imagined the whole thing. I'm glad someone else remembered it too.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger ElizabethTemperance said...

Gosh - this is an old blog post, but I was Googling toodaloop radio as well and found you too! :-)

I still have mine actually - it's red and in perfect condition. Hmm - maybe we are spelling it wrong? Maybe I'll go digging in the attic and see if I can find it this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home