Diary of a happy black woman

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

MOVIE REVIEW
Well, I may be on the late freight because I didn't see this movie on opening weekend but I think it is worth a mention. I am not into comic books or action figure type movies but due to all the hype, I saw Spiderman 3.
I saw Spiderman 1 and I thought it was okay as those type of movies go but it was not great enough to send me rushing into the theater for Spiderman 2. I did however love Spiderman 3 and I wasn't even trying to.
The special effects were great as usual but what most impressed me was the storyline. The storyline held my attention throughout the movie and it kept my attention way after I got over the special effects.
If you haven't seen the movie yet or you are simply waiting until it comes out on DVD, I won't ruin it for you. I will say that I saw many biblical principals applied within the storyline dealing with love, friendships, betrayal, selfishness, selflessness and most importantly learning how to forgive and what happens when you don't.
I will definitely be using this movie as a guideline for one of my Sunday School teaching lessons. I am sure any child's ears will perk up when I talk about Spiderman....then I will hit 'em with the biblical principal concerning unforgiveness. It's not just for kids though. Learning how to forgive frees us all to be what God intended us to be.
Who would have ever thought Spiderman could be the subject of a Sunday School lesson? So kiddos and grown folks, grab a box of popcorn and a drink and see this movie if you haven't already.
Oh, and make sure you don't ever get tangled in a WEB of UNFORGIVENESS! It can become a sticky situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home